You have a renewable energy installation company, mainly, you are dedicated to install solar panels and everything associated. On many occasions, you realize that you cannot offer your customers a complete and user-friendly solution, and although they ask for it, you do not know anything that suits their needs.
Every inverter brand offers some of what your customer wants, but never offers full integration. Only you can do this as an installer who really knows the needs of the end customer.
Customers are asking you:
- To know clearly how my installation is.
- How much are my solar panels producing?
- How much is my facility spending and on what?
- How are my batteries?
- What consumes the most in my home?
- Am I in surplus? and how many?
In addition, they also want to be able to take advantage of these surpluses, in many occasions, it is possible in a simple way, let’s see several of them:
- Heating water in an electric water heater: They are very economical and can avoid the consumption of gas or other systems to generate domestic hot water.
- To operate the air conditioning system automatically. In recent times, Aerothermics has increased its popularity, and it has done so because of its impressive qualities of being able to generate heat or cold without any fuel and with moderate electricity consumption. It is a perfect complement to solar energy, since it is precisely on days with more solar radiation that a good air conditioning system is most needed.
- To purify the swimming pool: The purification systems usually have also high consumptions, these can be displaced to the hours of the day with major solar radiation, precisely when we have surpluses.
- And last but not least, charging electric vehicles. Cars, motorcycles, scooters? all of them can benefit from the facility’s surplus.
Now, with Adquio you can offer your customers a complete integration of all their systems, starting with the inverter and continuing with all consumption. But the most important of all, is that you can customize the behavior for each customer according to their preferences, let’s see how to do it with an installation as an example.
This is a single-family house with a solar installation of 16 kW of solar panels, and two inverters with a total of 20 kW of maximum electricity production. They are also equipped with LiFePO batteries of 48V and 19.2 Kw/h. As for the house, it has gas installation for hot water, aerothermal for air conditioning, swimming pool and electric car.
Adquio is connected by Modbus protocol to the inverter, which provides information on solar production and batteries. Moreover, it is connected in the same way to the aerothermal system.
An electricity consumption meter is installed in each circuit of the house, differentiating the large consumers such as the kitchen, sockets, lighting, hot water, air conditioning, etc.
These meters are inexpensive and very easy to install as they are WIFI and connect directly to the WIFI provided by Adquio. Therefore, even for the installer it is very easy to assemble.
Through a contactor that Adquio manages through one of its digital outputs, the electric water heater is turned on and off at the programmed times. It should be noted that this thermos is highly efficient, and once it has hot water, it keeps it for up to 48 hours in use conditions. A temperature probe is installed in the water heater itself to inform Adquio of the water temperature, this allows it, by activating two electro-valves, to decide whether the hot water is provided by the electric water heater, or by the gas heater, in case the water heater is cold.
In addition, the charging strategy for the electric car is decided. If it is parked, it is decided whether to charge during the day with the surplus, or at night at a reduced rate. In the same way, it connects to the charger and can decide what power is delivered to the car at any given moment, depending on the solar production and the state of the batteries.
All this managed through an Adquio Screen and an Adquio mini controller with an Adquio multi IOs expansion. Everything in a centralized way and from a single place.
The most complete way to manage a self-consumption solar installation, taking advantage of all the solar electric production at any time.
As you can see, Adquio also helps you to optimize your solar installations by allowing you to integrate all the systems and get the best out of each one at all times.